Dec 6, 2011

this christmas...

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again."

Howard W. Hunter, "The Gifts of Christmas," Ensign, Dec 2002, 16
 i'll be checking these off my to do list this holiday season.  please let me know if you're upset with me (mend a quarrel). or leave an address if you'd like a letter.
 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

this is a great reminder. I'm going to print that off and put it somewhere I see it.

Kristen said...

oops, somewhere I'll see it.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

this is maybe the first time i've felt the "real" christmas spirit all month! such a great quote.