Jul 28, 2009

Nie Nie

.
I may not have a bird fluttering at the bottom of my blog publicly declaring
my adoration for Nie Nie - but let it be known

I do adore her.


What I'm adoring most right now?
These anthro inspired pinwheels she did.
The originals were made from the pages of vintage books, and suspended from the ceiling on fishing line. I love this colorful adaptation.

It's my next craft project.
Since I longed to wallpaper our SLC home (video tour forthcoming), but couldn't stomach walking away from $108/roll walls when the lease expires - this seems like an innovative kind of wallpaper.

4 comments:

mathistown said...

I posted earlier offering you my mandolin, but I think I accidentally erased it..what the? Nonetheless, the offer stands if Alissa's doesn't work out.

Also, I am similarly enamored with Nie. Her post {today?} about Chickie-ing? Wonderful. And I love that decor idea as well..I may have to try it as well.

Shea McGee said...

I love Nie.

Laura said...

My 15 yr old Megan looked over my shoulder as I read Nie and saw those pinwheels. She bugged me to buy paper until I finally gave it. Now her room is covered with bright, cheery pinwheels on her acid-green walls - very teenager. Love it.
Good luck with yours!

noelle regina said...

aren't they gorgeous!