Nov 19, 2008

She's leaving ThomasArts ...

She's leaving ThomasArts. You know... she, the other bff ... the Val of Val & Laura. And while I'm thrilled for her in so many ways and for so many reasons - I cried a little in the grocery store. As I stood in my local Harlem market, avocado es and cucumbers in one hand, cell phone pushed to my ear with the other ... my eyes began to leak. I'm not sad that she's found a new job. Quite the contrary. I knew it was bad news when in her leisure she read books about how to deal with work. I'm just sad to realize the life I left behind won't be where I left it whenever and if ever I return to pick it up.

Congratulations to Val and her new employment endeavors.

Ladies at the green house- please don't ever move out. That would be far too much change.

3 comments:

lindsay lark said...

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while.

valerie said...

but at least you're coming out to visit - and at least i won't be stressing at work - i'll be happy val!

kfiet said...

too late. i'll move back if you will. and this time, lets only get off the swing to walk to the kitty pitty. i miss pink nose. and you. and chatting at the kitchen table with matt while he eat cheerios in the a.m.